Collection and Use of Personal Data
REXCOOL may collect the following personal information from users of the website when the user visits the website, registers, places an order online, contacts REXCOOL or participates in REXCOOL promotions or questionnaires, which may include:-
- Postal address;
- Telephone number;
- Email address;
- Contact preference;
- Credit card or bank account information and
- Other personal data relevant to registration and/or provisioning of your account, surveys, promotions and/or other purposes.
In all cases, the details requested via the website are necessary to provide an optimal service to the user. In cases where the user does not provide the requested details, REXCOOL cannot guarantee that the information and services provided will fully satisfy their needs.
How Does REXCOOL Use My Personal Data?
We use the information that we collect to improve the content of our website by incorporating information that is relevant to our customers, to notify customers about updates to our website, to contact customers for marketing and sales purposes that are related specifically to their needs and interests and to communicate with our partners and franchisees. This information is not shared with other organizations for any reason, commercial or business, without your prior explicit consent.
By assessing this website and/or clicking the corresponding box, you expressly, freely and unequivocally accept that your details will be treated/used by REXCOOL for the following purposes:
- Improve the shopping experience.
- For marketing and promotional activities, market surveys, trend and statistical analysis
- Process your online orders, including the sending of email and/or text messages to inform you of delivery status.
- Process order returns & refunds.
- Manage your account at rexcoolsports.com.
- Contact you if there is any problem with any of your orders or for other logistical reasons.
- Respond your queries.
- Send you commercial information by email or SMS to inform you of new products, new store locations, special offers and news relating to the website and/or REXCOOL and its affiliated companies in general, Newsletters and catalogues.
- Meeting any legal or regulatory requirements relating to our provision of services and products and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular, code applicable to us or our affiliates.
- For the maintenance and upkeep of customer records.
- For credit assessments, financial and background investigation as and when deemed necessary.
- To administer participation in any contest/program related to the public organized by us.
- For security and crime prevention purposes, risks management, safeguarding REXCOOL in the event of any claim, litigation, suits and etc.
- For handling the report for lost item, customer complaints and taking appropriate action relating thereto.
- For any other ground [Personal Data collected will correspond to such grounds or reasons].
Setting Up an Account
In order to use certain functionalities of the website, you will have to create a user account which requires you to submit certain personal data. When you register and create an account, we require you to provide us with your name and email address as well as a user name that you select. We also ask for certain information about yourself such as telephone number, email address, shipping address and bank account details. Upon activating an account, you will select a user name and password. Your username and password will be used so you securely access and maintain your account.
Transferring Personal Data outside of Malaysia
It may be necessary, if so required for any of the aforesaid purposes to transfer your Personal Data to locations outside Malaysia or to disclose to our related corporations, agents, business partners, third party service providers and/or the relevant authorities, who may be located within or outside Malaysia. Save for the foregoing, your Personal Data will not be knowingly transferred to any place outside Malaysia or be knowingly disclosed to any third party.
What Happens With Links To Other Websites?
If you use communities, blogs, or chat rooms on REXCOOL website, you should be aware that any Personal Data you submit there can be read, collected, and used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. REXCOOL is not responsible for the Personal Data that you choose to submit in these forums.
Protection of Personal Data
REXCOOL takes the necessary precautions, both administrative and technical, data security technologies such as firewalls, access control procedures and cryptographic mechanisms to prevent and safeguard your Personal Data against loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, usage, alternation or destruction. Furthermore, all transactions via the website will be performed via secure payment systems. Confidential payment details are transmitted directly in encrypted format (SSL and/or TLS) to the corresponding entity.
Retention of Personal Data and Access
The website is not intended for children under the age of 13. REXCOOL will not knowingly collect Personal Data from children without insisting that they seek prior parental consent if required by applicable law. We will only use or disclose Personal Data about a child to the extent permitted by law, to seek parental consent pursuant to local law and regulations or to protect a child. The definition of “child” or “children” should take into account applicable laws as well as national and regional cultural customs.
Withdrawal of Consent
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, you may at any time withdraw your consent to REXCOOL processing any Personal Data of yours or to any part or portion of the same by sending to REXCOOL at the address set out below a written notice of withdrawal and within the period prescribed under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010. REXCOOL shall take all necessary measures to give effect to your withdrawal of consent, to the extent that such withdrawal does not conflict with any of REXCOOL’s other legal obligations.
If you do not wish to have your personal data shared with any other party, or if you do not wish to be solicited for products or services offered by REXCOOL or any other parties including third parties, kindly inform us in writing at the communication information as given below.
You shall, upon written request, be granted access to all personal data held or stored or processed by REXCOOL. To avoid confusion, “access” for the purposes of this provision shall mean notification of such personal data of yours that is processed by or on behalf of REXCOOL and to have a copy of such personal data communicated or conveyed to you in an intelligible form of REXCOOL’s choosing.
Integrity of Your Personal Data
You are responsible for ensuring that the Personal Data you provide us is accurate, complete and not misleading and that such Personal Data is kept up to date. We may request your assistance to procure the consent of third parties whose Personal Data is provided by you to us and you agree to use your best endeavours to do so.
Correction of Personal Data
You may at any time make a written request to REXCOOL to correct any personal data of yours that is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out-of-date and REXCOOL shall, upon receipt of your written request for correction(s), take all necessary measures to give effect to such correction(s).
Questions and Comments
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.